Prince Andrew has provided “zero” cooperation with the Jeffrey Epstein sex trafficking inquiry, US prosecutors said on Monday, despite earlier promises to help investigations in any way possible. Prince Andrew, 59, stepped back from royal duties in November, following a widely-criticized interview with the BBC about his friendship with Epstein. At the time, Andrew, said he was “willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations if required.”
Surveillance video from disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein’s first suspected suicide attempt was destroyed by accident, prosecutors say. US prosecutors say the jail mistakenly saved footage from the wrong cell. Epstein, a convicted sex offender, first tried to kill himself in July last year, then hanged himself in jail in August while awaiting trial on federal sex-trafficking charges.
A woman who accused the late financier Jeffrey Epstein of sex abuse and alleged she was forced to have sex with Prince Andrew as a 17-year-old has urged the UK royal to “come clean”. Speaking after a hearing for alleged victims in the wake of Epstein’s death, Virginia Giuffre told reporters the prince “knows what he’s done”. The Duke of York denies the accusation.